Q: When my firm becomes a NASDAQ member, what impact does this have on my firm’s registered representatives?
When a firm registers as a NASDAQ member, certain categories of registered persons at that firm must also be
registered in the Central Registration Depository (CRD) as meeting NASDAQ registration status.
• Series 4 (Options Principal)
• Series 6 (Limited Representative, Investment Company and Variable Contracts Products)
• Series 7 (General Securities Representative)
• Series 9/10 (General Securities Sales Supervisor)
• Series 11 (Assistant Representative Order Processing)
• Series 17 (United Kingdom – Limited General Securities Registered Representative)
• Series 24 (General Securities Principal)
. Series 24 (Limited Principal, Proprietary Trader Principal (S56, S24))
• Series 26 (Limited Principal, Investment Company and Variable Contracts Products)
• Series 27 (Financial and Operations Principal)
• Series 28 (Introducing Broker/Dealer Financial and Operations Principal)
• Series 37/38 (Canada – Limited General Securities Registered Representative)
• Series 42 (Options Representative)
• Series 55 (Equity Trader) [Not required for NASDAQ members that are not FINRA members]
. Series 56 (Proprietary Trader)
• Series 62 (Corporate Securities Representative)
Firms that are approved and register as NASDAQ members will be required to submit U4s for each registered
representative in the above categories in CRD.